Friday, February 25, 2011

Finisher's Awards

I'm trying to make as many of my preparations for Cheat Mountain as possible before I leave for the AT.   I'm thinking of trying something new this year for finisher's awards and I'm curious of people's opinions.  I'm considering doing a camp chair (similar to the one to the left) with the CMMM logo on it.  Everyone has to sit from time to time, right? What are some thoughts? Do folks have enough shirts (I still like them, but have plenty), or is running apparel schwag a must?

I'll probably still do some nice Patagonia apparel for the overalls and age-group awards, but it might be good (and convenient) to switch it up a bit this year.

Any thoughts from the "masses"?

7 comments:

  1. YES! I say chair. I got one as finisher award for the Groundhog 50K and I love it!! Always get positive comments on the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim - you're the one that gave me the idea in the first place!
    Congrats on finishing the Reverse Ring! . . . Kadra saw it on FB and told me the news. I think your training is right on schedule for MMT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since this will be your fourth CMMM (and umpteenth ultra), I give your comments much credence Rick. I think we'll give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, now just gotta convince the wife that it would be a good idea to let me come run it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea! I still run in (and love) the shorts from CMMM a couple years ago. Keep the tradition of killer swag alive with the chair...I always keep two in the back of the XTerra in no matter where I go...King and pauper alike, we all enjoy a good sit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! I'm hoping 2011 is my year to finally make it to cheat!

    ReplyDelete