Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 39

Red-Spotted Newt (lots of them on the Trail today)
Rainy day.  Only did 26-miles and plan to do the same tomorrow to get back on the itinerary schedule.  Shin is still causing a lot of pain, but the bright side is that it's not getting worse.  I'm hoping the lighter days will give it a little break.  Kadra did an 11-mile section with me today thanks to my parents for shuttling the car.  She got to see me fall on some of the many wet rocks and break one of my fancy trekking poles.  Not good, but thankfully Clark let me borrow a set.  I'll need them to get out of Rocksylvania.

3 comments:

  1. Adam,

    Keep at it, brother! You have a lot of people pulling for you and sending good vibes your way. Thanks for all the updates. Here's to hoping that you and Kadra keep rolling strong!

    Gentry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep an eye/ear out for a guy named Paddyo. I let him know you were on trail and he will be looking to grace you with some of his notorious trail magic somewhere in New York area.

    Best to you.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Clark is able to come to your pole rescue. Were you just trying to give Kadra a good laugh on a dreary wet day. You continue to move strongly forward.

    ReplyDelete